23/01/19A Guide to Chichester Wedding Venues
A Guide to Wedding Venues, Wedding Fairs and Wedding Accommodation in Chichester
With its idyllic location, Quay Quarters is a popular wedding party accommodation option. Our lovely luxury holiday cottages can be hired out by the bride, groom and their families for a relaxing or refreshing stay before or after the big day and there are plenty of magical venues close to our premier wedding accommodation in Chichester.
From stunning estates, converted barns and landscaped gardens in the South Downs National Park to heritage-rich buildings in the city centre to coastal clubhouses in Chichester Harbour – here’s our guide to wedding venues and wedding fairs in our little corner of West Sussex.
Wedding venues in Chichester
- Goodwood House and Hotel – A remarkable 12,000-acre estate less than seven miles from Quay Quarters, Goodwood offers heaps of heritage and hospitality for your wedding ceremony and reception.
- Edes House – Located in Chichester city centre (just over two miles from Quay Quarters), this elegantly decorated Georgian mansion with five rooms to hire is ideal from smaller wedding ceremonies (80 guests maximum).
- The Guildhall – Central to Chichester in Priory Park (just over two miles from Quay Quarters), this Grade 1 listed building has a wealth of history and ambiance and offers seating for up to 110 guests.
- Southend Barns – Found in delightful Donnington (only two miles from Quay Quarters), environmentally sustainable restored barns that retain their rustic charm and lovely lawns offer an unforgettable wedding venue. There’s even a Secret Garden with a dramatic 50-foot aisle if you want an outdoor wedding.
- Upwaltham Barns – Nestled next to glorious Goodwood (just over 10 miles from Quay Quarters), this is one of the area’s comeliest wedding venues. Exclusively yours for the day, you can celebrate your marriage with friends and family in style.
- Chichester Yacht Club – The ultimate opportunity to capture Chichester Harbour and the South Downs in your wedding photos, this could be the venue for you. Located 16 miles from Quay Quarters by car (much nearer and quicker to reach by boat), you can enjoy both ceremony and reception right at the water’s edge.
- West Dean Gardens – the award-winning West Dean Gardens (less than 10 miles from Quay Quarters), offering marquee or tipi receptions for up to 200 guests that are welcome to explore the various gardens and glasshouses, makes a stunning venue with the South Downs as a backdrop.
- Weald and Downland Museum – A unique wedding venue in the South Downs National Park (less than 10 miles from Quay Quarters), they’re licensed to hold civil wedding ceremonies in the charming and cosy Court Barn or the larger and more contemporary Downland Gridshell.
2019 wedding fairs in Chichester and West Sussex
19-20 January, 12.00-17.00
Southdowns Manor – Dumpford Lane, Trotton, Nr Petersfield, West Sussex, GU31 5JN
Experience the splendour of Southdowns Manor’s exclusive-use wedding venue and enter a prize draw to win a free wedding.
20 January, 10.00-15.00; 24 February, 10.00-15.00
Goodwood Hotel – Chichester, West Sussex, PO18 0PX
Set in the heart of the South Downs National Park with Goodwood House across the way, see the romantic settings of the Cedar Suite and Oaks Suite expertly styled and brought to life with fabulous furniture and floral arrangements.
20 January, 10.30-15.00; 22 February, 18.00-21.00
Southend Barns – Wophams Lane, Donnington, Chichester, West Sussex, PO20 7PS
Check out the Southend Barns Winter Wedding Fair, a stunning wedding venue on the doorstep of Quay Quarters (just minutes’ drive), where you’ll find wedding photographers, catering companies and more – all you need for your perfect day.
27 January, 11.00-15.00
The Guildhall – Priory Park, Priory Road, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 1NS
The Chichester City Centre WEdding Showcase will feature a range of wedding ceremony and reception venues including: The Guildhall, Chichester Cathedral, Edes House, Chichester Harbour Hotel and Spa and Chichester City Council.
31 January, 17.00-21.00; 28 February, 17.00-21.00
Goodwood House – Chichester, West Sussex, PO18 0PX
See Goodwood House, with its Regency architecture and stunning art and furniture collection, dressed for the perfect wedding.
31 January, 18.00-20.00; 17 February, 12.00-15.00; 28 March, 18.00-20.00; 24 April, 18.00-20.00; 30 May, 18.00-20.00; 27 June, 18.00-20.00; 25 July, 18.00-20.00; 29 August, 18.00-20.00; 28 November, 18.00-20.00
Amberley Castle – Amberley, Arundel, West Sussex, BN18 9LT
Enjoy fizz and canapes at Amberley Castle and get a taste of how this historic property could look on your big day.
7 April, 11.00-15.00
Arundel Town Hall – Arundel Town Hall, Maltravers St, Arundel, West Sussex, BN18 9AP
Built in the 1836 by the 12th Duke of Norfolk, this exquisite building with its stunning stone pillars and archways, is steeped in history and will make an impressive backdrop for your wedding.
The most charming wedding accommodation in Chichester
We hope our guide has helped you to see that when you pick Quay Quarters as your wedding party accommodation you’re well placed to get to a wide range of wedding venues in the local area both quickly and easily.
What makes us the most charming wedding accommodation in Chichester? Not only is our 650-acre arable farm located in a stunning area with rolling hills and countryside on one side and coastal beauty on the other, but we also offer five luxury holiday cottages – each with their own traditional farmhouse charms.
This means, whether you’re looking for a cosy cottage for a mini-moon or you’d like to rent out all holiday cottages for your family and close friends, Quay Quarters should be your first port of call for wedding accommodation in Chichester. We even offer a discount for those who are interested in booking our luxury holiday rentals. Read our Perfect West Sussex Wedding Party Accommodation blog for more information.