Please note: This Access Statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests & visitors
This Access Statement and our Cottage Hire Rates Brochure are both available in Large Print. Please call 01243 839900 for copies.
Quay Quarters Basic Information
Quay Quarters consists of five beautifully presented self-catering cottages. Part of the holiday experience and just for Quay Quarters guests’ enjoyment is a large, stunning fragrant Rose Garden.
All the cottages, bar one, are single storey and are situated in a tranquil, private and secluded rural setting close to the sea.
Quay Quarters are only 2 miles away from the Roman city of Chichester and the A27 – a direct route to Goodwood, Portsmouth and Brighton with easy access to the A3 and London.
The single storey cottages are:
Rose Cottage – sleeps 6
Apuldram Cottage – sleeps 4
Stable and Quay Cottages both sleep 2
Dairy Cottage is the other cottage which can sleep 2 downstairs.
We are a short distance away from Chichester Harbour, an area of outstanding natural beauty. There are so many picturesque walks available right from the doorstep. ‘Salterns Way’, a cycle path & footpath (with disabled access) runs straight through Apuldram Manor Farm towards The Witterings (the beach), Chichester for shopping, Pallant House & The Novium Museum or Fishbourne and its Roman villa.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01243 839900 or email email@example.com
For full details and maps of how to reach us, please see the DIRECTIONS section of our website – www.quayquarters.co.uk
Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car using AA route planner or public transport using www.travelinesoutheast.org.uk simply enter your postcode and ours, PO20 7EF, to get directions.
Or please ring us on 01243 839900 and we will send you directions.
The nearest railway station is Chichester which is 2.5 miles away. Taxis are available at the station. If you require an accessible taxi this can be booked in advance either with Central Cars (01243 789432) or Starline (01243 531666. The bus station is opposite the railway station (see below)
The nearest bus stop is at the top of Apuldram Lane South on the Birdham Road ¾ mile from Quay Quarters. Ask the driver for the stop ‘Dell Quay Corner’. There is a shelter with seating. All buses can accommodate one wheelchair or a pushchair.
Buses from Chichester take approximately 10 to 15 minutes. The No53/52 to the Witterings/Bracklesham runs to & from the bus station (by the train station) in Chichester, every 15 minutes Monday – Saturday and every hour on Sundays. Bus times can vary, for further details see the bus operator’s website www.stagecoach.co.uk. We can send a timetable if required.
A local company supplies disability equipment for hire – phone Hayling Island Wheelchair Hire on 023 9246 5889 (Rails Lane, Hayling Island, PO11 9LG).
The nearest shop mobility is in Chichester – 01243 839699 (1 Market Avenue, Chichester, PO19 1JU).
You can arrange for shopping to be delivered in time for your arrival through Tesco, Sainsbury or Ocado, as they often deliver for guests at Quay Quarters. Alternatively, we can purchase your requirements if you let me know at least 24 hours in advance of arrival.
Welcome, Car Parking & Key Collection
- Welcome information is provided by myself, Anna Sawday, prior to arriving.
- Each cottage has a large gravel driveway with ample turning space in the gravelled courtyard area outside the cottages.
- Each cottage has ample parking close to each cottage, which is clearly designated to each cottage. And brick paths to the front doors.
- The cottages are always unlocked ready for guests’ arrival. The door key left in the back of the door or on a side table. Please make yourself at home and if I’m not available to greet you, I, or a member of my family, will call at the earliest opportunity.
Entrance to Property
- The cottages are accessed through/under a tiled arch which has 6ft6” (1.95m) clearance.
- There are no steps to the front doors with:
- 5m sloping path to Stable Cottage
- 6m path to Quay cottage &
- 11.5m path to Apuldram Cottage.
- Each cottage entrance is well lit by ample lamps on a timer.
- There is a small step at the threshold of each cottage into the cottage (with the exception of Dairy Cottage where there is a large step at the threshold). However, entrance can be made easily through the private patio.
- Rose & Stable Cottage both have a 4ft wide front door.
Halls, stairs, landings & passageways
- All halls are well lit by ceiling lights.
- All flooring is wood laminate with no rugs.
- Minimal furniture can be found in the hallways if any.
- All sitting room/lounges are on the ground floor with level entry hallways.
- All door openings are 3ft wide. Some external doors (Rose and Stable Cottages are much wider 4ft)
- There is ample turning space & room to manoeuvre throughout the cottages
- The same wood laminate flooring is throughout and is regularly checked for damage.
- All the sitting rooms have a mixture of either 2 or 3 seater sofas (with non feature, hypoallergenic cushions) and a selection of wood coffee and side tables and short pile rugs.
- The dining area is within the open plan sitting and kitchen areas.
- The dining tables have a leg in each corner – 650mm/25.5ins from floor to lowest point of the table (under space) with the top of the table being 8—mm/31.5ins high. The tables are moveable from side to side.
- There is free space around the tables, although in Quay Cottage one side is close to the sofa.
- The wooden chairs are all moveable.
- The flooring is wood laminate.
- There is a great deal of natural light with relatively low windows looking out over the courtyard, Rose Garden & private outdoor seating areas. The table has an overhead hanging ceiling lamp directly over it (with the exception of Quay Cottage).
- All the rooms are well lit and include wall lights, standard lamps and table lamps. Bulbs are replaced immediately.
- The kitchen areas are located in the open plan living space and have level access.
- The door of the oven drops down with the handle is 950mm (37.4ins) above the floor.
- The hob is 930mm/36.6ins above the floor.
- Worktop and sink are 930mm (36.6ins) above the floor.
- Fridge freezer (half & half) with the fridge at the top. The highest shelf in the fridge is 37.4ins and lowest drawer in freezer is 6ins.
- Glasses and crockery can be moved from wall cupboards to lower cupboards, if required. Please request this when booking.
- Large cutlery and utensils, and kettle rotating 360 degrees.
- The kitchen is evenly lit with halogen spotlights above work surfaces.
- Flooring is wood laminate.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- All the bedrooms are on the ground floor with the exception of the two storey Dairy Cottage which only has one twin bedroom downstairs. They can all be entered level with the hallway with the exception of Apuldram cottage which has a small 55cm (5inch) step to the master bedroom.
- All master bedrooms have a zip link double bed; the twin rooms have 3ft single beds. 6ft beds are available upon request.
- All doors are 3ft wide.
- Furniture and rugs can easily be removed or rearranged in the bedrooms.
- The height of all beds from the top of the mattress to the floor is 45cm (17.7ins)
- Lighting is natural daylight and at night wall lighting. Bedside lamps are also in each room.
- All bedrooms offer good colour contrast between the floor, walls and doors.
- The bedrooms include short pile rugs and non-feature hypoallergenic bedding can be supplied on request.
- Furniture & rugs can be removed if required. Please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss on 01243 839900
Bathrooms, Shower Rooms & Toilets
- All bathrooms have step free access accept Apuldram which has a 5ins (55cm) step into the master ‘suite’
- Door openings are 3ft (90cm). there are no steps into the bathrooms.
- Rose, Stable and Dairy have a corner power shower unit with a 8ins (20cm) step into it.
- Rose, Apuldram and Quay cottage all have bathrooms. Quay cottage also has a power shower over the bath.
- The toilets are 40cm (15.7ins) high.
- All bathrooms accept Stable Cottage, Quay Cottage, the shower room in Rose Cottage, the master shower ‘suite’ in Apuldram Cottage and all bathrooms in Dairy Cottage have vanity units at bathrooms sinks. Stable and rose Cottages have wash basins which are 80cm (31.5ins) high.
- There are lever taps on the washbasins and bath.
- Each bathroom is well lit with overhead lights and a fluorescent light over mirror.
- Tiled flooring throughout the bathrooms except Dairy where it is wooden.
Private Areas & Rose Garden
- Rose Cottage has paved areas to the front of the property (south-facing) and also in the Rose Garden (east-facing). Both area have hard wood tables and chairs.
- Apuldram and Quay Cottages have private, fenced patio areas directly outside the French doors and there are picnic benches and seating available in the Rose Garden.
- Stable cottage has a private area in the Rose Garden which has two steps to access it from the French doors. It also has a south-facing patio area with hard wood furniture.
- Dairy cottage has two private areas – one at the front of the property & one leading from the large double bedroom downstairs. There is also level access from the cottage to the Rose Garden.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- All areas in the cottage have good colour contrast between the floor, doors and walls. Generally, doors and door frames are dark wood and wall are light in colour.
- The mobile phone reception can be poor inside the cottages due to the insulation but if placed next to a window this proble tends to be solved.
- Each cottage has its own Welcome folder with a list of nearby attractions, ,restaurants, etc and details of their Access Statements for information, plus Emergency information.
- The nearest General Hospital with an A&E unit and walk-in NHS is 3 miles away at St Richards Hospital, Chichester and the nearest Doctor’s surgery is 2 miles away. Further information is in the Welcome Folder within each cottage.
- All cottages are checked for damage immediately including electrical equipment with repairs made quickly.
- Furniture items can be removed or rearranged should there be a requirement. Please do contact me to discuss on 01243 839900.
Important Contact Information
Quay Quarters, Apuldram Manor Farm
Appledram Lane (South)
Open all year
LOCAL EQUIPMENT HIRE
Hayling Island Wheelchair Services
Tel: 023 9246 5889
1 Market Avenue, Chichester, PO10 1JU
Tel: 01243 839699
LOCAL ACCESSIBLE TAXI
Central Taxis (01243 789432)
Starline Taxis (01243 531666)
LOCAL PUBLIC TRANSPORT